Rainbow Honey - The Summer of 199xxx

7:31 PM

Hello,

I have swatches of 3 polishes from the new Rainbow Honey collection called The Summer of 199xxx, featuring 10 new colors inspired by the 1995 SNES hit, Earthbound. For more information about this collection, you can read the PR info HERE.
 
 
 
For all the swatches, I used one coat of Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food as a top coat. As it dries to a matte finish, I applied my regular top coat (Catrice Quick Dry & High Shine) on top.

 
Tiny Ruby is described by Rainboy Honey as follows: "This shimmering ruby jelly is filled with holographic glitters, glistening flecks, and the rarest jewels of Dalaam". I used 3 coats.
It looks so complex with the glitters, flecks and shimmer. I love it!






 
 
Fire Spring - "This coppery orange shimmer is bursting with holographic glitters and the glowing embers of the last sanctuary!"
I used 2 coats.






 
 Pink Cloud - A hot pink jelly with holographic glitters  and iridescent shimmer - perfect to meditate on and Carrot Key not needed!"
I used 3 coats but it was almost fully opaque with 2 coats. You have to see this pink in real life to understand how beautiful it is. It's very very bright, almost neon and full of shimmer, really gorgeous!
 






I saw that Lauren from Dizzy Nails tried some of the polishes from this collection over black and it looked awesome so of course, I also had to try this combo as well ;D I used 1 coat over a black cream.


Index and pinkie: Pink Cloud, ring finger: Tiny Ruby, middle finger: Fire Spring over black.

And I so liked Tiny Ruby over black, I had to do a full mani with it! I love black polish with red glitters! *love*





Overall, I think The Summer of 199x.... is a gorgeous collection, at leat the 3 shades I have (I need Magic Cake, by the way!). My favorites are Tiny Ruby (because I love red glitters) and Pink Cloud because it looks so bright and absolutely gorgeous!
Formula was a bit thick for the 3 polishes but paradoxically very manageable. I didn't experience any issues applying them.


Purchase info
Rainbow Honey polishes can be purchased from Rainbow Honey official website HERE. On this website, you can also find a list of official retailers (HERE). You can follow Rainbow Honey on Facebook.

*Product(s) in this post was(were) provided by the company for my honest review*






 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe