Christian Dior Mystic Metallics (Fall 2013)

12:27 AM

Hello,


It's with great excitement that I am sharing some pictures of Dior Fall 2013 collection called Mystic Metallics. I already posted some preview pictures with details on every item. So if you missed this post, you can view it HERE.


First, some group photos of the items I will review in this post! (*v*)


OK, let's start with the nail polish! Dior Mystic Metallics collection comes with 3 different nail polishes and today I'm showing you the magnetic polish of this collection!

left: magnetic polish, right: magnet.


I first took some picture of Dior Mystic Magnetics without applying the magnet. This polish is very pigmented and you can get full opacity with only one coat! Moreover, although it's metallics, it's easy to apply and is relatively brushstroke free!


Seriously, doesn't it look amazing, even without the magnetic effect? I just adore it this way! It looks so elegant and delicate.
Then, I applied the magnet and I must say it works very well. The obtained pattern is really clear and neat! To get such results, the magnet must be applied very closely to your nails. It must actually touch your cuticles (but not the nails obviously, see picture below).



Just for the fun, I wanted to see how it would look if you used the magnet the other way round (i.e., with the curve of the magnet-holder perpendicular to your nails). The effect is less strong but you get a very fun and wavy pattern. The effect is a bit stronger in real life.
Second item I got is Diorblush in 676 Coral Cruise. It has a new formula, new brush and is just amazing! It is made of micronized powder and is actually quite pigmented. Note also the  new angle brush that comes with the blush, wich is perfect for contouring.



I believe this is my new favorite blush! The color is just perfect for everyday and the texture is amazing. It feels very silky and thin and you don't have the impression you've got something on. It looks very natural.
Third item is Diorshow Fusion Mono in 081 Aventure. Diorshow fusion mono eyeshadow have a gel-mousse texture and can be used to illuminate the eyes to their max! I haven't tried it on yet because it's very sparkly although it looks super sophisticated and I think it looks better for an evening party or a special event. So I cannot report on its staying power.




Diorshow Fusion Mono in 081 Aventure has an incredible sparkly and metallic look, which looks super sophisticated. I cannot wait to use it to create a gorgeous smoky eye!
Next we have Dior Addict Extreme in 546 Gri Gri. Honestly, I will never be able to tell you enough how much I love Dior Addict and Dior Addict Extreme lipsticks. I've been a huge fan of Dior lipsticks since a long time and I'm always excited to see their new colors!



Gri Gri is a neutral pink with some rosewood undertones and is perfect as an everyday lipstick. It's very creamy, comfortable to wear, and is a full coverage lipstick. Moreover, it feels almost as moisturising as a real balm! It lasts about 4 hours on the lips. When swatched on my hand, you can see its more beige tone while on my lips, it looks more pink. It actually makes the color of my natural lips lighter and adds some shine. In fact, it is so stunning that it's my new go-to lipstick!
Overall, I am super excited about this collection because I love the concept behind it and every product is just absolutely gorgeous! When it will available in store (August 28th for Switzerland), I will certainly get one of the other polishes and the eyeshadow palette in Constellation! And you, which product are you planning to get?
Purchase info:
Dior polishes can be purchased from your regular Dior counter or directly through dior.com.
 *Product(s) in this post was(were) sent for my honest review*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe