OPI San Francisco collection

11:28 PM

Hello,

I have some swatches of the new collection by  OPI for fall 2013 inspired by San Francisco! I got 3 polishes from this collection, so let's have a look!








Embarca-Dare Ya! - Betcha can’t pass up this marvelous magenta.
It's a shimmery mettalic magenta polish with a great pigmentation and very good formula. It's almost a one coater. I did 2 coats here to be sure it would look good on pictures. In the bottle, you can see some gold but it doesn't really translate to the nails.
It seems metallic polishes will be trendy this fall (cf Dior Mystic Metallics collection that you can see HERE)!








Incognito in SausalitoYou better keep this almost black blue under wraps.
It's a very dark navy blue crelly (creme-jelly hybrid). On the nails, you can still distinguish the blue in it, it doesn't look completely black. Formula was a tad watery but nothing annoying. I used 2 coats.
NB: there is no shimmer in it. What you see on my middle finger comes from my top coat, which was contamined by Embarca-dare Ya! that I used before. For the other nails, I used a new top coat :p





Haven’t The Foggiest - Can’t tell you why I love this misty gray….I just do.
Pigmentation is excellent on this one. Only one coat is required to get full opacity and it's very easy to apply. It's a gorgeous siliver foil, packed with microshimmer.






and here are the other polishes from this gorgeous collection! Judith of Spektor's Nail, Maja of CrimiNail Art, and Natalia from Polished Polyglot also have some swatches of some of the polishes from this collection! 





Overall, I think this collection is well balanced in termss of finish (cremes, metallics, foils, liquid sand). The 3 polishes I tested had great formula and the colors are just super pretty! Embarca-Dare Ya! (magenta) looks very elegant with its metallics look and the color is subtle and chick. It's a winner! Incognito in Sausalito is a gorgeous navy creme polish with a jelly-esque formula. It's not the most original color but I have a weakness for navy polishes. Morever, I like how glossy it looks! And finally, Haven’t The Foggiest is a very pigmented foil that will be perfect to create some nail art.
Purchase info:
OPI polishes can be purchased in professional nail salons, certains pharmacies, and beauty supplies.
For Switzerland, you can search for licensed retailers here.
The San Francisco collection will be available July 25th, 2013 in Switzerland. The polishes will be included in the standard OPI collection, except the 3 liquid sand that are limited edition polishes.

*Some product(s) in this post was(were) provided by the company for my honest review*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe