OPI Mexico City Collection - Spring 2020

6:38 PM



Hello!

Here I am with swatches of OPI spring collection 2020 which is inspired by the vibrant and colorful Mexico City.

For this collection OPI partnered with a native Mexican artist named Sofia Castellanos. This artist is known for her illustrations and murals. Her artwork is featured on select packaging throughout the campaign.












I used between 2 and 3 coats for each color. For Mural Mural on the Wall for and the pastel colors I used 3 and 2 for the others. I didn't encounter any patchiness or difficulty with any of the polishes.

So now let's go to the swatches!

Coral-ing Your Spirit Animal - Enjoy the spirit of a warm coral long lasting nail polish glow
This is a gorgeous spring color, I really enjoy it!


Verde Nice to Meet You - Likewise, nice to meet you too. Make a scene with OPI's newest lush and verdant green long lasting nail polish.



Telenovela Me About It - A soap opera pink long lasting nail polish that creates intense drama for your nails. Don't leave us hanging!
This one is my favorite from the whole collection! I didn't expected to love it as much as I do but it was love at first brush stroke! It's different than your usual bright pink. This is probably due to the gorgeous shimmer running through it. 




Suzi’s Slinging Mezcal - Sling all you want but don't forget your nail appointment for this long lasting nail polish!
Another one that surprised me. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. I particularly like how smooth and soft it looks. It's like golden silk on the nails.




My Chihuahua Doesn’t Bite Anymore - Doggon it! An exciting and beautiful orange long lasting nail polish to scare away any ankle biter!
A bright orange-red creme.




¡Viva OPI! - Live. Love. Laugh. OPI covers all bases with a vibrant red long lasting nail polish to celebrate the art of being.
This one was also love at first brush stroke. I had forgotten how beautiful, classic and elegant red looks on the nails. This is a true vibrant red. I've already worn this one twice (which means a lot considering the number of nail polishes I have….!)



Mural Mural on the Wall - Your nails go graphic with scattered specks of crazy coral confetti in this long lasting nail polish.
This polish is the one that immediately caught my eyes. These flakes look absolutely stunning! 





Mi Casa Es Blue Casa - Invite yourself to a long lasting nail polish manicure that opens the door to new and blue possibilities.
This is a super bright medium pure blue!




Mexico City Move-mint - Make this your next move, a soft understated green long lasting nail polish that plays well with others.
This is a pastel mint that looks very light in color. This is also a very pretty spring color!



Mariachi Makes My Day - And this deep purple long lasting nail polish saturated with intense color makes my night!
This dark purple creme is typically a color and finish I love and use often! I find it very easy to use even if you don't like wearing too much color on your nails. It gives a different twist than a classic dark black nail.



Hue is the Artist? - The artist is you! Create a palette of neutral, pale lavender long lasting nail polish to spring into the season.
Another pretty pastel color for spring, in lavender this time!



and finally...Don’t Tell a Sol - AShhh! A warm inviting yellow long lasting nail polish that boasts fashion and fun with bold brightness.
This one is also great for spring/summer. This is a perfect vibrant and happy-feeling shade!






Honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised by this collection! I think I like all the shades. I particularly love Telenovela Me About It (bright pink), Mural Mural On The Wall (coral with golden flakes), Suzi's Slinging Mezcal (gold), Viva OPI! (red), and Mexico City Move-Mint (pastel mint).



Purchase info
OPI polishes can be purchased in professional nail salons, certains pharmacies, and beauty supplies.
For Switzerland, you can search for licensed retailers here. You can follow OPI Switzerland on Facebook and IG.  
 
 
 
*PR Samples* 



You Might Also Like

2 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe