The Saem - Fruits Punch Sleeping Pack in Apple

6:25 PM



Hi guys, tell me, who is into sleeping masks? I need to rise my hand super high because I love sleeping masks to lock in all the hydration, essence, serum, and moisture I incorporated in my routine before this last step. They're just the perfect way to maximize your routine in my opinion.


Today I have a review of The Saem Fruits Punch sleeping pack in the apple "flavor". The Saem is a Korean brand and I reviwed their pigment shadows not long ago here on the blog (link).



I think by now most of us are familiar with sleeping masks but in case you want a reminder, here is a quick explanation of what they are.

Generally sleeping masks are meant to be occlusive, which means they will prevent water from evaporating from your skin. In other words, they will decrease transepidermal water loss (TEWL). Sleeping masks are perfect to lock in all the steps you've used before and as they reduce TEWL, you will wake up with a nicely hydrated skin that will look more plump and healthy.

And this is exactly what this Fruits Punch Sleeping mask does!



Name: The The Saem - Fruits Punch Sleeping Pack - Apple
Content: 100mL in a squeezable plastic tube that has the shape of a juice carton
Price: USD 13.18 (now USD 10.54) on jolse.com.
Use: use it as your last step in the evening. You can use it a few evenings a week according to your skin needs.


HOW IT LOOKS / FEELS / SMELLS
This is a medium thickness gel that is easy to spread and gets more watery when your start rubbing or patting it in. It is thicker than a true watery gel but it's not as thick as Waso Clear Mega-Hydrating Cream or Nature Republic Ginseng Royal Silk Watery Cream (which I don't find watery by the way) for example. 
It is a bit sticky for 1-2 min but then when it's completely absorbed it doesn't feel sticky any more.




This sleeping mask is available in different flavors: apple, peach, and banana. At first I wanted to get the peach mask because I love that scent but it was out of stock so I decided to take the apple one. I was worried the scent would be artificial and too present but that's not the case. The scent is rather light and the apple scent is similar to a real fresh apple, it doesn't smell like a fake apple fragrance! 


INGREDIENTS
Water, Glycerin, Glycereth-26, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Betaine, Trehalose, Squalane, Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Honey Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract, Gardenia Florida Fruit Extract, Coptis Japonica Extract, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Arginine, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Panthenol, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Hexanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance.



INGREDIENT ANALYSIS
I thought it would be a basic sleeping mask but it's actually very interesting!

Here is a breakdown of the ingredient list. The sleeping mask contains in addition to water:
  • Humectants (Glycerin, Trehalose): they are able to retain water and therefore bring hydration
  • Emollients to nourish the skin (Glycereth-26, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, shea butter)
  • Betaine that is a humectant and anti-irritant, great to soothe the skin
  • Squalane, a natural component of human skin sebum (oil) which is therefore a wonderfully moisturizing ingredient that is able to sink in the skin fast, it is also a source of replenishing fatty acids and antioxidants, overall a very good moisturizer,
  • A lot of botanical extracts with antioxidant (protect from cellular stress and aging) and anti-inflammatory properties, such as:
    • Olive oil which is a great emollient with antioxidant properties
    • Honey extract, which is nourishing, hydrating (it’s a humectant), antibacterial and sooting
    • Centella asiatica, which has wound-healing properties plus antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects (link)
    • Apple extract: apple is actually a wonderful ingredient because of its potent antioxidant ability.
  • Other notable ingredients, although present in lower quanity, are sodium hyaluronate (powerful humectant) and panthenol (improve hydration, reduce itching and inflammation of the skin and accelerate and improve healing of epidermal wounds).



THOUGHTS/SUMMARY

This is a pretty simple sleeping mask in the sense that it comes in a squeezable tube, it's totally budget-friendly and it has no particularly irritating ingredients in it. But in another way, the ingredients it contains are really interesting including some humectants to hydrate and make the skin plump and rested, some emollients to moisturize the skin and also olive oil, honey, centella asiatica, betaine, squalane, and of course apple extract.
In terms of performance, it does exactly what a sleeping mask is supposed to do: bring hydration, moisture and seal everything in your skin to prevent a loss of hydration throughout the night. When I use it, I wake up with a more plump and hydrated face. So overall I'm rather nicely surprised and very happy with this little sleeping mask that doesn't look super fancy but does what it's supposed to do and it does it very well.  Considering I like the texture, smell and performances as well as the price and how travel-friendly it is, I will probably pick the peach version when I run out of this one.


Purchase Info
The Saem Fruit Punch Sleeping Packs can be purchased at $13.18 (now $10.54) on jolse.com.




*I received it from Jolse.com for review. I could chose what I wanted to get in their shop*

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. It reminds so much of juices that little kids always drink. It looks amazing but I'm always scared that sleeping mask will smell too heavy and I won't be able to sleep with mask on my face. But the peach one seems to be very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the packaging also reminds me of that!! To be honest I was also worried the smell would be too much (especially with apple, it can be the case sometimes) but this one is fine, the scent is suble and not in your face, luckily!

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a great product! I've yet to try any sleeping masks! I'm tempted to get this one as I love the scent of fresh apples too!

    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulouandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleeping masks are not must have but can help with your skin looking firmer and more plump so much, that's why I love them!

      Delete
  3. The packaging is so cute! I love using sleeping masks, without them I wake up with dry and tight skin.

    Billie | www.othersummers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to read you like it! Sleepnig masks are the best!

      Delete
  4. I'm a sucker for sleeping masks and these looks pretty good. I have a dry skin and sleeping masks works wonder on my skin. Loved these masks looks and details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear! I also love sleeping masks, so great to wake up with more plump and healthier-looking skin!

      Delete

Flickr Images

Subscribe