Essie - Naughty Nautical and nail art

10:45 PM

Hello,

I have swatches of current Essie limited edition Naughty Nautical! This collection is made of 6 polishes, 5 of which are infused with a gorgeous silver shimmer, while the other one is a plain creme.


Sunday Funday - "Turn every day into a perfectly posh pleasure cruise with this beautiful, bright tangerine crush coral with soft shimmer."



That's a very bright coral polish with a pretty silver shimmer. As with the other polishes from this collection, the shimmer is rather subtle but is a very nice addition to the base polish. It gives it more depth. I used 2 coats and formula was easy to work with.



The Girls Are Out - "You've got nothing to hide with this soft fuchsia peony infused with subtle sparkle. So relax, unwind and enjoy the gentle ocean breeze."



The Girls Are Out is an unexpectedly favorite of mine! In the bottle, it looked a bit meh but once it was on the nails, I LOVED it so much! You've got to check out this baby! 
The color is a bit difficult to describe, it's a fuchsia with some purple undertones. It's a  bit darker than the other polishes from this collection. I used 2 coats and application was easy.
The More The Merrier - "A mega-yacht is the perfect spot for floating house party and this juicy lime green. Luxury loves company!"

The More The Merrier is the only polish from this collection that is a pure creme (without any shimmer). It's a vibrant lime green. I love it and I'm sure it would also look good in winter when you wear dark clothes, being the highlight of your outifit! I used 2 coats and again, formula was nice.
Rock The Boat - "Now's your chance to make some stylish waves. This shimmering polish in light french blue with a hint of periwinkle makes a splash everytime."

OK, you say blue with a hint of periwinkle and I'm already sold on! I just adore this shade. It looks very delicate and pretty! It's less pigmented than the other polishes from this collection. It required 3 coats to reach full opacity but formula was good so it was not a big issue.
Full Steam Ahead - "Take the helm and embark on a fantastic voyage. This medium toned lilac with a pearlescent purple punch steers you in style."

Full Steam Ahead goes in the same direction as Rock The Boat. It's a very soft lilac, very elegant, and pretty. Probably a color I will love wearing again and again! I used 2 coats and formula was also very good.
Naughy Nautical - "Sail the sexy seas and chart a course for amorous adventure in this softly shimmering, brilliant blue-green teal marine polish."

I guess it will pull out more green or blue according to your skin tone. On me it didn't look very green but I loved it like that! I also used 2 coats and the formula was very good. It looked quite shiny on its own, without top coat. It has a true jelly-creme hybrid formula and really reminds me of a paradisiacal ocean. I can see myself at the beach while wearing it!
Overall I think essie did a really good  job with this collection! The colors are lovely, formula was good for all 6 polishes and the shimmer adds an extra twist to the polishes. I already wore Sunday Funday, Naughty Nautical, and Full Steam Ahead as full manicure because they are just too pretty. Next one will probably be The Girls Are Out! I can also see myself enjoying The More The Merrier but weirdly I think I will rather wear it more in fall or winter.
Any favorites?
Bonus! I tried a quick nail art (for essie girl) while I was swatching them ;) Sometimes you don't need to go for a very long and complicated nail art to get a cute result. As least, that's what I think lol




Purchase info
Essie polishes can be purchased from autorized retailers. You can find a list of stores that sell Essie in Switzerland here. You can follow Essie Switzerland on Facebook and the essie girls HERE.

*Product(s) in this post was(were) sent for my honest review*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe