Multidimentional nails!

1:15 AM

Hi there~

White Shatter loves playing with colors should be my title for today!
I've just tried White Shatter for the first time 4 days ago with Spark De Triomphe but I wanted to try different combo with this shatter.

Black & White is a total classic but it's always pretty and fun!
So I first tried it over a black nail polish. For this, I used Fatal (Essence), a XXXL shine nail polish (as written on the bottle :p). It was my first time (I've used too many times the word "first" here...) using a XXXL shine polish from Essence and Oh my! it is indeed really really really really shiny! Amazing!
Application was also great, flawless and pigmentation was excellent. You only need one coat to achieve full opacity! Essence nail polishes are rather cheep and I didn't know before trying Fatal that the quality was that good. I'll have to try other nail polishes from this brand!

Here are the pictures of Fatal (Essence) alone, without top coat.

Fatal (Essence), 1 coat, no top caot, with flash


Fatal (Essence), 1 coat, no top caot, without flash

Then, with White Shatter on top!


White Shatter (OPI) on top of Fatal (Essence)

I really like White Shatter. It's easy to work with. Application is nice! I use rather thick coats to get more crackles.

You can click on the pictures to enlarge them!


Then, in order to do my "mutlidimentional nails" I added Guy Meets Gal-veston, a sorbet from OPI Texas collection on top. Sorbets are sheer colored nail polishes, with a strong glossy effect. By doing this, I wanted to color White Shatter in Coral in order to achieve a "Coral Shatter" look!

So in summary, I first used a black base then White Shatter and finally one coat of coral sorbet (Guy Meets Gal-veston).




Have you already tried to layer sorbet/jelly on White Shatter? Did you like the result?


I also tried to layer Guy Meets Gal-veston directly onto my Spark De Triomphe - White Shatter combo. Here the effect is a bit different from the effect with a black/dark base. It magnifies the glossy/candy effect of the mani.
Which one do you like better?





You can click on the pictures to enlarge them!

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Oo, I like the jelly/shatter effect! I'll have to try that one out.

    Words of caution: Don't use red shatter over a green polish. It'll look like you've picked your nose into a bloody mess and it dried on your nails. Blerg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hermione, thank you! Yes jelly/shatter can be pretty cool!
    thanks for the advice about red shatter over green!!^v^)/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the effect, looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. QUEDAN LINDOS, PRONTO COMPRARE EL MIO

    bye besos

    http://conestilodeysimari.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg. That had to be the smartest and coolest thing I've seen with white shatter. I definitely need to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thank you so much! *hugs* Yeah, give it a try and let us know how it turned out ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Using a jelly over the white shatter is brilliant! I'm totally going to use this idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're welcome! I'm glad you like it, Lacquered Lover! If you try it, let know how it turned out! ;D

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images

Subscribe