OPI Honey Ryder and Grumpy Cat nails

8:30 PM

Hello!

I'm beyond excited to share some pictures of OPI Honey Ryder, the gold liquid sand polish from the Bond Girls collection because I adore it! I can officially say that's it's one of my favorite polishes that was released this year so far!
 
 
 

Honey Ryder is really sparkly. It doesn't look flat on the nail and but has a lot of depth. However, it's difficult to see its sparkly side on picture. It's much more beautiful in real life!
 






Bottle shot.

 
I wore this beauty for 3 days but couldn't find the courage to remove it completely. On the other hand, I wanted to try again the new technique I showed you HERE to make your own nail stickers/water decals with a printer.
I printed some grumpy cat's faces on a paper and here is what I came with!
 
 
 
If you want to try this technique with drawings or images, I highly recommend that you use a picture with sharp outlines. You'll get better result with cliparts than with real pictures for example. Here I had to redo my nail several times because the image is a bit too complicated so it's not the best in my opinion. But finally, I was really happy with the result!!

As my base color I used 2 coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and on my middle finger I topped it with OPI Gim-Merry Gold Glitter Top Coat. It's an old black label polish that I got a long time ago and I love it!
 
 
Final thoughts: As I said at the begining of this post, I adore Honey Ryder. It's the perfect shade of gold, it's not too yellow and it's so wearable! I really enjoyed wearing it and I am 100% sure I will wear it again and again! It looks much more beautiful in real life because it sparkles a lot!
It is very pigmented, one coat could almost be enought but I did two here to be sure it would look alright on pictures. It's a little bit thick but application was nevertheless very easy.
It's not as difficult to remove it as glitter polishes.
 
 
 
Purchase info:

OPI polishes can be purchased in professional nail salons, certains pharmacies, and beauty supplies.
For Switzerland, you can search for licensed retailers here.
OPI The Bond Girls collection will be available May 21st, 2013 in Switzerland.

*Some product(s) in this post was(were) provided by the company for my honest review*
 
 
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe