Candy Mani (part 1)

8:47 PM

Hi there~

What's sweeter and cuter than candies? Yeah, nothing, you're right!
So today is a cute candy day~!

Candi mani with Show It And Glow It! for the glitter part and Guy Meets Gal-Veston for the sorbet effect!
 In fact, I saw a "candy mani" on Polish This last week, a blog where the owner likes layering different nail polishes to achieve different effects! If you don't know this blog, I suggest you go and visit it!
And I've also just seen this kind of mani on Tera's blog, Nails in Nippon. She did an awesome orange combo!

So basically, you need a colored base coat, a glitter nail polish and a jelly or sorbet polish to use on top.


So for the first step, use a colored base coat. I used 2 coats of OPI Tutti Frutti Tonga on my index and middle finger and 2 coats of OPI Let Me Entertain You on my ring finger and pinky. Of course, you can do all your nails with the same color! Here I wanted to experiment with this kind of mani to see what looked best!


Index & middle finger: 2 coats of OPI Tutti Frutti Tonga 
Ring finger & pinky : 2 coats of OPI Let Me Entertain You on my ring finger and pinky.


Second step involves glitters! Yay! ;D Here I layered 2 thin coats of OPI Show It And Glow It! (purple glitter nail polish) over the colored base coats.
Intermediate step!


Finally, add your favourite jelly/sorbet on top! I chose OPI Guy Meets Gal-Veston, a coral sorbet.
And here is the final result!

Candi mani with Show It And Glow It! for the glitter part and Guy Meets Gal-Veston for the sorbet effect!

Candi mani with Show It And Glow It! for the glitter part and Guy Meets Gal-Veston for the sorbet effect!



It's so juicy! I really feel I have candies on my nails! It's really bright and funny! It pops! Sorbets are known to be really shiny on their own and it's what gives this mani a candy-look!


This looks so juicy! Yummy!^v^)/

Left: very light coral base - right: dark and sparkly fushia base.

Left: very light coral base - right: dark and sparkly fushia base.

Blurry picture to catch a glimpse of the glitters. In real life, it's a 100 times sparklier!



What do you think of Candi manicures? Do you like this look?

If you missed the glitters from the Burlesque Collection of OPI (Holiday 2010), don't worry, OPI will be releasing  a glitter collection for this winter! It's the Muppet Collection! It seems there will be great glitters this winter, too!



Oh, BTW, I created a Facebook page for Nailderella. You can like it if you're willing to! ;D I put a link on the left side of  my blog.

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Gorgeous mani. I like the Tutti Frutti Tonga a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting take on the jelly sandwich! I've heard Let Me Entertain You is a close twin to Katy Perry's The One That Got Away so if any readers can't get LMEY, TOTGA is gorgeous itself :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. me encanta lo dulce, se ven magnifica

    http://conestilodeysimari.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Teras mani, and I love yours too. I just wish my try on this succeeded :D I'll keep on trying. The effect is just too nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love what you did here! :) never heard of the candy mani..now VERY interested in trying this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, they really do look like candies! I really like the layering, I want to try this :DD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Layering different polishes really gives nice effect. I especially like your ring and pinky nails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you girls!

    Toyomi, "Tutti Frutti Tonga" is a really nice polish, you're right! It's one of my 1st OPI! ;D

    Hermione, I don't have TOTGA so I cannot confirm what you said but it does seem to be close to LMEY, indeed! TOTGA seems more purple and LMEY more fushia...But both are beautiful! Thanks for the info! Now I know TOTGA is quite close (same type at least) to LMEY! :D (I didn't know!)

    Deysi, thank you!

    Kayono, if you're please with your candi mani, let us know how it turned out! ;D I wanna see it!

    Carissakuo, thank you! I'm glad you've seen something new you're interested in! ;D

    The Bookworm, yeah, it does really look like candies! That's funny to do! Give it a try!

    Annie, thank you! Yeah, layering different polishes can give really surprising and fun results!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just added you on gfc. I started reading your blog and love it! This post was great and I love these shades layered. let me entertain you is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome Candy Mani! I love it with Let Me Entertain You, so shiny, and thanks for shouting me out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anything that involves glitter, always looks fabulous! This mani could be no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome post! I love that you used OPI candy collection!

    Thanks for stopping by to read the interview with OPI creative director! Your comments mean a lot to me!

    xx

    http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Toesthattwinkle, thank you so much! I'm glad to hear you like reading my blog!*v*)/

    Tera, thanks! yes, LMEY is really beautiful! I like it!

    Karen, thanks!

    Cel, you're right! Glitters are great for fun mani! ;D

    Erin, you're welcome! Your interview was very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hard to pick a favorite. They are all so gorgeous!

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images

Subscribe